First day of school: Owen and I were prepared for the tough love method of leaving Luke the first day. If he cried, we were going to walk out fast rather than linger. We were told this was the best method. However, we were not prepared for what really happened. The minute Luke saw the other kids he wanted to play and did not even notice we let. I cried a bit in the car on the way to my first day. When I arrived at work, I called for an update from the teacher. She said Luke did not cry at all and was having a great time playing with the other children. My son is truly independent and I could not have asked for a better outcome. He really had a great time at school.
First swim lesson: Luke was not a fan of his first swim lesson. He cried the entire thirty minutes. Luckily, Owen was in the water with him and stuck it out till the end. If I was in with Luke, I would have left after 5 minutes. Hope next Saturday goes better.
First molars: Luke has been fussy the past few days and at his wellness check today we found out why. He is cutting 4 molars at once. (we only saw one)Poor baby.
First snack cup: Luke was so proud of himself when he finally figured out how to reach into his snack cup and pull out his snack. The cup is the type with an opening at the top for his hand to reach in and pull out just enough. The first few times, he would shake the snack out.
Quick update: Luke is 35th percentile for weight and head. He is 50th percentile for height. Loves to stack blocks, connect legos and climb the stairs. He is starting to mimic all sounds/words we say. He continues to take steps without even knowing. He has great hand eye coordination. He will hit the golf ball with the club, however, he holds it like a baseball bat. Here is hoping we have the next Derek Jeter on our hands. ;-)
Enjoy the pictures!
So excited for his first day of school!
Now I know how to get the snack out of the cup
So proud of himself
Not excited about swim lessons
So tired from crying at swim lessons
Loving his Aunt Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment