Top Links

February 23, 2011

Reminiscing

Next week, Luke will be one year old. I cannot help reminiscing about his first year. The worry and uncertainty of a newborn in the house for the first time. The sleepless nights. All the calls to the nurse for the silliest of questions. The pack and play in our bedroom where he slept for three months. His first night in his own room. The first smile and first sounds. The first time he rolled over. The transition from crawling to standing to walking. I know we have so many more firsts in our future, but none will compare to those of his first year.

My little baby is now a little boy. My heart over flows with love when I look at him. He is so happy and full of energy. It is hard to keep up.

Since I was thinking back, I thought I would share my favorite picture from our first weeks together. He was just three weeks old, so we slept whenever we had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment