Top Links

February 13, 2011

Bieber Fever - A Mom's Take

For the past few weeks, Justin Bieber has been everywhere. I turn on the radio and his latest song is playing. I watch Regis and Kelly and there he is teaching them how to do the "dougie". A dance I had never heard of before. I watch TV at night and I see see the trailer for his new movie, Never Say Never. Tonight I am watching the Grammys and there he is again performing with Usher. Which by the way, was one of my favorite performances.

The more I see Justin, the more I like him. He is truly talented, determined, and hard working for a kid his age. Usher is a talented performer and Justin can hang with him on stage. Old video footage shows Justin had an interest in music at a young age. He had a raw talent which was helped along through the support of his family and his mentor.

I am thirtysomething, so it is not as if I will be singing Justin Bieber songs at the top of my lungs. Instead, I see Justin everywhere and have a different take on his success. I think of his mother and the talent she saw in her son. The role she played in helping him achieve his dream. How proud she must be everytime she sees him perform.

As a mom, I think about Luke. I think about his future interests and talents. What will he want to be when he grows up? How will I help fuel his interests? How will I help his talents grow stronger? I know I will teach him to work hard and to believe he can do whatever he puts his mind to. That with hard work and determination, anything is possible. No matter what he chooses, I will support him. I will be his biggest fan. Always wanting him to do what makes him truly happy.

In the words of Justin Bieber, I will teach him to "Never Say Never".

No comments:

Post a Comment